Monday, July 23, 2012

If You Can Face It...

There is a great quote that goes something like this...

"If you can face it, G*d can fix it."

I don't think much is every as bad as people think if they can prepare themselves and trust themselves. So much of our pain is self-inflicted.

If we can just think of what is actually important and plan for that then we our setting ourselves up right. What needs to be done is to see what that next step is.

There was a great article I read that talk about what good executives do.

They are in-control when things seem out-of-control. 
They finish what they start.
They always look for the new when buried in the same.
They look to improve their weakness rather than always showing off strength.
They show enthusiasm when somebody should be apathetic. 

So lets plan this out.

Just stay calm and carry on (as they say).
Make less, but finish. So I will only have one book at a time and fewer things going.
I need to think about what new things I want to adventure into...new news sites, new journals to read, new books, new what?
Let's put my weakness up front so they get exercised.
More enthusiasm means just plain more.

So here is what I think I will do.
I will expand the news sites I will visit but not nessecarily read more. Reading the news many news stories is a waste of time. I will spend free time and other time with long form notes or note cards.
Read one book at a time and done carefully.
I will write out the things I think can be done. I have a list of what I think is important and a longer list of things of things that are less so.
A big weakness is execution. I believe I have the time, I just need to face the lists turn them into something important and useful. Make things practical.
Stay in motion.

No comments: